My mate Phil is really killing it.
Really training hard on the bike and he has gotten MUCH fitter.
One thing he doesn’t do though is lift weights.
I was talking him into joining the gym and explaining the various benefits to him such as :
– Increased lactate tolerance
– More power
– More efficiency
– Better balance
– More strength to power up steep climbs
– More strength to soak up impacts
– More protection on crashes
– More strength to throw the bike around
– Better proprioception (that’s knowing where your body is in space)
– Better posture
And a bazillion more benefits.
Seriously, the benefits are HUGE from weight training when it comes to your riding.
About 30% of this list already train in the gym… so they know the benefits.
The other 70% don’t.
Phil asked me…
“Do you think I would notice a difference if I started weight training”
100% he would notice a difference.
And so would you.
If you lift weights in the right way, you will notice a difference on the bike in less than a month.
Do it right.
And stick at it for 2-4 times per week and you WILL notice a difference.
There’s a reason every pro-rider weight trains.
If you aren’t weight training you are missing out. Period 🙂